Born Before 1970? Here Are 7 Discounts Most Seniors Fail To Claim
There's so many discounts available to Canadian seniors but unfortunately most seniors are missing out because they don’t know about them. That’s why we put together this list of the top discounts available for people over 50. To save your hard-earned money, make sure that you know what discounts you are entitled to:
1. Save on Groceries
- M&M Food Market: 10% OFF all Regular Priced items, every Tuesday
- Bulk Barn: 10% off for 65+ every Wednesday
- Safeway: 10% off for Air Miles holders on the first Tuesday of the month and some stores offer senior discounts on the first Wednesday of the month
- Giant Tiger: 10% off for 60+ on first Monday of the month
- Sobeys: up to 70% OFF with a Senior Advantage
- Sobeys, Loblaws, Metro, Safeway, Amazon, Walmart and many more stores - save up to 70% OFF with Senior Advantage - read our review below.
2. Over 50? Save up to 70% OFF at Thousands of Stores In Canada When You Join Senior Advantage™
You might be throwing your money away if you are over 50 years old and not a member of Senior Advantage™ which can help you save up to 70% OFF from Canada’s top brands and stores.
Senior Advantage™ members get access to thousands of discounts, coupons and deals which can help them save money at many popular stores like Sobeys, Loblaws, Canadian Tire, Metro, Safeway, Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Petro Canada, HomeDepot, Shoppers Drug Mart and many other stores.
You can save money at almost every store in Canada. I was pleasantly surprised that Senior Advantage saved me so much money at stores near my home, where I do most of my shopping.
We’ve tried Senior Advantage and we love it. We have managed to save over $400 in our first month with Senior Advantage. It was very easy to use. I see us easily saving $300 every month. You can literally save thousands of dollars each year paying for stuff you would have to pay for anyway. We can't wait to see how much we will end up saving next month. We see ourselves as being members of Senior Advantage for a very long time.
If you want to save money on your everyday expenses, click here to read the full review of Senior Advantage.
[button $link="http://go.improvesavings.com/367b0375-261a-48f8-b027-afdf609b6947?offer=senioradvantage&camp=&ad=&site=&cid=" $text="Click Here To Learn More"]
3. Pharmacy Discounts
- Lawtons Drug: Seniors save 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on the monthly 55+ Appreciation Day. (Check your local store or the website for dates and details.) Some exclusions apply.
- Rexall Pharma Plus: Seniors save 20 percent on regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Day (which happens once a month). Some exclusions apply.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Seniors ages 65 and older get 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Discount Day (usually the last Thursday of the month). Some exclusions apply.
- Save up to 70% OFF at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall and more pharmacies with Senior Advantage
4. Retail Discounts
- Home Hardware: Home Hardware offers a 20% senior discount on select days. Contact your nearest outlet for more information.
- Value Village: Seniors citizens with valid ID are eligible for a 30% discount every Tuesday at participating Value Village thrift stores. Contact your nearest outlet for availability.
- Metro: save up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage
- RONA: Customers who are 50 years or older can get 15% off at RONA when they present their valid ID. For online purchases, use promo code 5015. Available on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Canadian Tire, Home Hardware, Lowe's, HomeDepot - save up to 70% OFF with Senior Advantage
- Lawtons Drugs: Seniors who are 55 years old and above can get a 20% discount at Lawtons Drugs once a month depending on store location. Exclusions apply.
- Reno Depot: Reno Depot offers a 15% discount to seniors who are 55 or older every first Tuesday of the month. Valid ID is required.
- Giant Tiger: Customers who are 60 or older are eligible for senior discounts at Giant Tiger. Availability depends on store location.
- Pet Valu: Seniors who are 60 years old and above can get a 10% discount on the last Thursday of every month when they sign up for the Pet Valu Your Rewards program.
- Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Senior citizens who are 60 or older can get 10% off their order at participating Salvation Army Thrift Stores. Bring valid ID.
- Walmart: save up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage
5. Food and Restaurant Discounts
- McDonalds: offers everyday discounted seniors coffee and coffee/muffin deals (60+)
- McDonalds: save up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage
- KFC: Seniors who are 55 years old and above with valid ID can get discounts at select KFC outlets in Canada. Contact your nearest store.
- Tim Hortons: Senior can get discounts at select Tim Hortons locations. Ask in the nearest franchise for further information
- Tim Hortons - save up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage
- Subway: offers 10%, discount to seniors at Manager’s discretion (60+)
- Taco Bell: Taco Bell offers discounts to seniors who are 65 or older with valid ID. Available at select locations only.
- Arby’s: 10% discount to senior citizens with proof of age. Availability depends on store location.
- Denny’s: Customers who are 55 or older can get 15% off their order at participating Denny’s outlets every Thursday 2PM-10PM. Bring valid ID.
- Burger King: Offers seniors coffee (55+)
- Subway, Starbucks, KFC - save up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage
6. Travel Discounts
• Best Western: If you’re 55 or older, you’ll receive 10 percent off or more. You may also receive early check-ins, late check-outs, and free room upgrades.
• Choice Hotels: Seniors 60 and older get a 10 percent discount when they book in advance.
• Marriott: Seniors ages 62 and over save 15 percent or more off rates
• CheapOAir: CheapOAir Canada offers discounts on select flight tickets to senior citizens with valid proof of age.
• Amtrak: Amtrak passengers who are 60 years old and above can get 10% off select cross-border services. Restrictions apply.
•Greyhound: Greyhound offers a 20% discount on unrestricted fares to passengers aged 62 and above with valid ID.
7. Stay More Connected To Your Family With This FREE Family App
Do you want to feel more connected to your kids and grandkids and get updates and pictures on what is happening in their daily lives?
Or maybe you don't feel like sharing private moments of your life on Facebook for the rest of the world to see?
This new app allows you to create a private circle of just your close family and friends and share, comment and like each others pictures and videos.
Whenever you are posting a new picture to the Family Circle App you know that only the people who will see it are the people you keep close to your heart. So you are much more free to share more private moments from your life than you would on Facebook. If you have grandkids you can ask your children to upload a new picture of them each day. It's never a dull moment when you see a new photo of your lovely kids or grandkids.
The way it works is you download the app from Apple or Google app store to your phone, then sign-up for a free account and create your family circle. Once you do, you can invite your family members to join your circle. When inviting your family members make sure to use their correct email addresses so it would be easier for them to join your family circle. Once you do, everyone in your family circle can share, comment and like each other pictures. You can even send voice and text messages to your family members inside the app for free!
Family Circle App does not sell your personal information to advertisers unlike Facebook. It cares about your privacy and is free to use. You can download it for free from the Google and Apple app stores. Simply enter "Family Circle App" in the app store or click one of the links below:
That's it! We hope you found our discount list helpful!
If you're looking to save a significant amount of money on your everyday expenses, get the latest discounts and deals, sign-up for Senior Advantage - it takes less than 2 minutes. And be sure to take advantage of their limited-time 80% discount available only for new members. We don't know how long they will keep this discount, so don't hesitate.
Please share this discount list with your friends if you think this would help them!!
- Susan & David.