Born Before 1970? Here Are 9 Discounts Most Seniors Fail To Claim
A big number of Australians have never claimed these amazing discounts available to them. Most are missing out simply because they don’t know these discounts exist. That’s why we put together this list of the top discounts available to people over 50. To save your hard-earned money, make sure that you know what discounts you are entitled to:
1. Save on Groceries
- IGA offers 5-10% off (days may vary in individual stores so make sure to check them in advance);
- Kmart stores have a discount day for all seniors. You must present your card to the staff for the discount to apply (also, don’t forget to check a specific store in advance since the days might vary);
- Foodworks gives 5-10% off based on the specific store;
- Save up to 70% at Woolworths, Aldi, Chemist Warehouse and more stores by becoming a member of Senior Advantage discount program (read our review below)
2. Over 50? Get up to 70% OFF at 1000’s of Stores When You Join Senior Advantage
You might be throwing your money away if you are over 50 years old and not a member of Senior Advantage which can help you save up to 70% from Australia’s top brandsand stores.
Senior Advantage™ members get access to thousands of discounts, coupons and deals which can help them save money at many popular stores like Woolworths, Amazon, Aldi, IGA, Coles, Chemist Warehouse, JB HI-FI, Target and many others.
You can save money at almost every store in Australia. I was pleasantly surprised that Senior Advantage saved me so much money at stores near my home, where I do most of my shopping.
We’ve tried Senior Advantage and we love it. We have have managed to save over $400 in our first month with Senior Advantage. I see us saving at least $200-300 every month very easily. You can literally save thousands of dollars each year paying for stuff you would have to pay for anyway. We can't wait to see how much we will end up saving next month. We see ourselves as being members of Senior Advantage for a very long time.
If you want to save money on your everyday expenses, click here to read the full review of Senior Advantage.
[button $link="http://go.improvesavings.com/17df7b3e-793d-4fa3-ba3d-20458240f3e0?offer=senioradvantage" $text="Click Here To Learn More"]
3. Shopping Discounts
- Savers offers 10-20% discount with Seniors Card (discount varies by State)
- Second Edition store: They offer a 20 percent off for seniors.
- Frank and Beans Clothing: Up to 50% off if you buy online.
- Darryl Wilson & Associates: Up to 50% off various products.
- B1 New Vision: Get up to 50% off various products.
- Up to 50% OFF at The Iconic, Myer, David Jones and many other stores (with Senior Advantage).
- Optica Specialist Eyewear: Up to 50% off various products.
- Watson Pharmacy: 10% off over the counter products.
- Gymquip Fitness: Between 5% - 15% discount
- Focus On Furniture: 5% off already discounted items
4. Eating Out Discounts
- You can save 10% at KFC stores with your Seniors Card;
- Subway offers a 10% discount on all subs, wraps and salads;
- Up to 50% OFF at McDonald's, KFC, Subway, Hungry Jacks, Domino's Pizza, Red Rooster, Nando's and more with Senior Advantage
- Zouk Restaurant offers 10% off food and beverages;
- Caffeinebox gives 10% off all the beverages, and 15% off all food;
- Chifley's Bar & Grill: Seniors Lunch Discount Monday to Thursday 10% offPrices Fresh Bakery Café offers 10% off on Mondays and Tuesdays;
- 15% discount on total bill at Tafesa Regency Restaurants;
- You can get a free cup of coffee with a purchase of a full waffle at Tan Coffee-Waffle Shop;
- Lindsay’s Café offers a 10% off food and beverage on Thursdays;
- Get 10% off main meals Monday-Friday (lunch and dinner) at Pancake Place;
- Stirato has a Seniors Wednesday every week and offers a discount of 10%;
- 25% off all food purchases at Degani Kings Square;
- 10% off your order at Muffin Break;
5. Miscellaneous Discounts
- Vodafone: 10% off monthly plan fees, when you sign up to an eligible plan (Red Plans or SIM only Plan). Senior card required.
- Myhomefone: 10% off all costs (setup and monthly fees) across all products for Seniors Card holders.
- JB Hi-Fi - save up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage
- Australian MedicAlert Foundation: MedicAlert membership has been protecting Australians for almost 50 years. Save 20% on MedicAlert Membership and 10% on all products when using code 'SENIORS'.
- Australian Dentists Clinic: 10% discount on general and preventative dental treatments. This can include dental services such as examinations, x-ray, clean and fillings.
- Clean Touch Dry Cleaners: 15% discount on normal retail dry cleaning. Excludes other offers and specials
6. Accommodation Discounts
- Choice Hotels Australia: up to 30% discount (varies by hotel, city or state.)
- Oaks Hotels & Resorts: offers 10% discount all year plus exclusive hotel deals.
- Best Western Australasia: 10% off Flexible Rate in Australia and NZ
- IBIS Styles The Entrance: 10% off best available rates and 3 day Senior's special.
- Tudor Inn Motel: Free continental breakfast with any room.
7. Insurance Savings
- Australian Seniors Insurance Agency offers 30% off home insurance, 20% off car insurance, and 10% off travel insurance;
- 15% lifetime discount off the pet insurance premium is offered at Petsecure Pet Insurance;
- COTA offers 12 months insurance coverage for the price of 11 months;
- You can receive a 15% discount on home and content insurance if you’re over 50, and 10% discount on car insurance with your Seniors Card at RAA Insurance;
- Chartis Insurance offers 40% discount if you buy online;
- Curo Financial Services offers 10% rebate in your life insurance premium once your policy has been in place for 12 months;
- Victorian Retired Persons & Pensioners gives 40% off home and contents insurance, and special car rates for drivers over 50.
8. Movie discounts
- Ballina Fair Cinema: $2 off regular adult price
- Great Lakes Cinema 3: $2 off regular adult price
- Fay’s Twin Cinema: $2 off regular adult price
- Dendy Cinemas: Tickets for $13,50 (2D movie) and $16,50 (3D movie)
- Forum Cinema 6: Pay only $12,50 for a movie
- Roseville Cinemas: Pay only $12 on Tuesdays
- Metro Cinemas Burnie: Pay only $12 on Tuesdays
- Deckchair Cinema: For only $12 or $50 annual price you can enjoy the newest movies.
- Katherine Cinema 3: $3 discount is available for seniors.
9. Cruise Discounts & Perks
- P & O Cruises: 3-5% extra off the retail price of cruises when you book through The Travel Cellar.
- Matilda Cruises: Save up to 30% off selected Sydney cruises.
- Scenic Cruises: 3-5% extra off the retail price of cruises when you book through The Travel Cellar.
- Royal Caribbean: 3-5% extra off the retail price of cruises when you book through The Travel Cellar.
- Daintree Connection: 15% off on river cruise.
That's it! We hope you found our discount list helpful!
If you're looking to save a significant amount of money on your everyday expenses, get the latest discounts and deals, sign-up for Senior Advantage - it takes less than 2 minutes. And be sure to take advantage of their 80% discount available only for new members in Australia.
Please share this discount list with your friends if you think this would help them!!
- Susan & David.